Led by Mr Brereton
The Year 5/6 Budbrooke Well Being Ambassadors have an exciting opportunity this year to develop their leadership skills and help lead and support events for the whole school to help others engage in health and wellbeing activities.
What will be the role of the WBA’s:
- To develop an understanding of what well-being is.
- To help develop ways in school to support the well-being of other students.
- To inspire other young people at Budbrooke to be active and healthy.
- To run activities in at lunchtimes to support well-being.
- To support at area events as sports leaders, coaches, officials and mentors.
- To help develop content whether this be online or face to face for School Games Virtual and non-Virtual competitions.
- To help promote the School Games and other initiatives to help with the well-being of young people in schools.
Alfred, Poppy, Chloe and Thomas
Finley, Alfie, Lillibee, Lucy and Ava
Well Being Festival - Monday 24th November 2021
The Budbrooke Well Being Ambassadors (WBAs) helped to organise and lead a Well Being festival for children from schools from around the local area.
The event, held at Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre, provided the WBAs with the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and help others (including 12 children from Budbrooke) to engage in fun, exciting health and well-being exercises and activities.
The Budbrooke Well Being Ambassadors collaborated with children from Cubbington, Telford, Brookhurst, St Peters, Clapham Terrace, Priors Field and St Augustines to deliver activities such as story telling, relays, story dice making , active rock, paper scissors, and puppets.
Mr Brereton said: “The Well Being Ambassadors led the activities very well. They were supportive and enthusiastic and this encouraged all the children to join in and be active with a smile on their faces. They definitely promoted living a happy healthy lifestyle and the children had a great time, especially with the rock, paper, scissors and the cup stacking.”